Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Winter

Today in Little Adventures Preschool we learned about Winter!  I had some puzzles out for them to start with, and after chatting with a mom and returning to the preschool I found all the pieces on the floor!  It was amazing how quickly the kids raced to put all the pieces back in where they belong.
 After reading a book about seasons that focused on winter we took our month cards and put them in order talking about the seasons in the pictures for that month.  Once we got to the end we took the cards from the top one at a time to add them to the bottom.
We've been working on a few sight words and some basic words, so I created this graph for the kids who were recognizing the words. Download the graph {here}.  We read a book whole group and stopped when we found a word we knew.


 We used this cute mobile pattern from Itsy Bitsy Printables for our art project.
 All the kids are adorable, but isn't J just the most adorable in this picture?
 I loved that I decided to "trace" the letters.
 I pointed the tracing out and it caught on with a few more kids.
 After they were done coloring they got to paint the glue on their pages and add glitter!
 Playing Hop Along the Path from my Winter Math Pack.

I've put the snowflakes on my floor with clear contact paper, and the kids picture on the fridge the same way.  The snowballs all have magnets on the back and kids hop around on the path to deliver the snowballs to make a snowman on the fridge.  We are in the very beginning stages of this game.  We're working on counting out loud one number per jump all the way to the fridge.  As we improve our math skills we'll roll a dice to figure out how many jumps to move forward.  You could even roll two dice and add them together to find out how far to move!  If you wanted to also have some subtraction, roll two different colored dice and subtract one number from the other to find out how far you should move - watch out for those negative numbers though!


 We also played the winter grid game from my Winter Math Pack.
Be sure to enter our book giveaway!  Entries close tonight, with a winner being announced tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day! That game looks like fun! I have it printed to give it a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your packet. Great stuff in there!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete