Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Vacation

We spent a week (and a day) in Utah visiting my parents for the holiday.  This post is mostly me sharing how much fun we had - not too educational based :)
The two boys at the airport.
 On Thanksgiving morning we walked (Steve ran) the Utah Human Race.  It's a 5K that benefits the Utah Food Bank.
 Opa ended up "borrowing" a stroller from a friend we caught up with on the path for C to ride in.
 With the friends we ran into on our walk/run. EMan fell asleep in the Ergo Baby Carrier and I had him zipped up in my jacket, that's why you see his orange/brown hood sticking out of my chest :) I love baby carriers - even for a one year old.

 EMan and C both got to enjoy licking off the whipped cream batters.
 EMan was ready for nap time daily by the time lunch rolled around.  On this particular day he fell asleep at his seat so soundly that he didn't even wake up when I washed his face and hands off - and they were very messy!
 Oma and Opa bought pajamas for all the grand kids so they could do a little matching picture photo shoot.  Wouldn't you guess that EMan was the least cooperative of the bunch and the 5 and 4 month olds were the happiest.  Oh well.
 Steve and C waiting for C's turn to get in the pictures again.
 Oma and Opa with my two boys C and EMan.
 Oma taught C how to build a tower with measuring worm toys.  He got a hit out of that and requested to make them over and over.
 Opa took on little person duty for a short time.  I love how EMan's little cousin is telling them both how it is!
 One morning I put together a sensory tray for C.  We just used popcorn and some PlayMobil people.
 Little EMan was excited to help clean the floors!
 On our ride back home C decided to play "matching" with his Thanksgiving cards (I don't remember where I got these from, most likely 2 Teaching Mommies - if you know please remind me so I can give credit).
 EMan was entertained by smashing his cup on his head.
 And of course, the thumb sucking.  I'm not really sure how to put a stop to that, but it makes for a cute picture!

1 comment:

  1. What a great vacation! I love the pj pictures.. so real :-) I have found that lollypops work miracles for those types of pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete