Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Play Dates, Preschool and Fun

Saturday morning we had a potluck breakfast play date with our playgroup: Little Adventures Group.  When we were done eating breakfast we broke out some animal puppets we got from a great friend and started putting some together.
 EMan mostly loved eating the foam pieces, silly boy.

 Our completed puppets.
 Preschool on Monday was a blast!  We were learning all about caterpillars and the letter C.  It was such a busy fun day that I didn't get a lot of pictures.  Here M is putting foam stickers of leaves on her picture.

 Then, M rubs a crayon over the top of her leaves to make leaf rubbings for C the Caterpillar.  We're using a worksheet that goes along with the Amazing Action Alphabet.
 A did a great job rubbing her leaf picture as well.  I think the best tip I heard was to tape down BOTH papers for this rubbing project.  And because there aren't any fresh leaves outside (it is winter here after all) I was excited to find the foam leaves on sale at a craft store.
 T colors his sight word "a" from the Moffatt Girls blog.  Under the word "a" is a color by number butterfly (we were learning about caterpillars and butterflies for the day).  The butterflies didn't work out quite as well as the word.  I don't think my 3 year olds quite get the idea of color by number or color in designated spaces yet.  Good for me to know :)
 I created some dice out of wood blocks.  Using a permanent marker I drew on dots 1-3 (repeated twice).  Then we played a stacking blocks game.  You roll the dice, and add that many blocks to the tower to see how high you can make the tower.  We played in pairs to practice taking turns and cooperation.  Here is A and I's tower.
 M gets ready to roll the dice for her tower.
 After preschool, the boys were a bit restless while I was trying to get lunch ready.  I was glad I had printed off a few of these extra do-a-dot printables from DLTK's Growing Together site.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of incorporating the dice with building. I will definitely try this in my classroom! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete