Friday, November 4, 2011

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! Body Painting!

Recently C decided that any kind of painting should be finger painting, and any kind of finger painting should be whole body painting, so we set up a play date to do just that - Body Painting!  I cleared the room of anything that I didn't want to was after and I laid a paint tarp on the floor.  The boys thought this was a whole lot of fun.  It was slippery!
 When all our friends arrived we read this book: I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! By Karen Beaumont and Illustrated by David Catrow. It is a great little boy who is a little naughty and paints his whole body. 
 Then we got to mixing paints.  I used the recipe from I Can Teach My Child.  I used soy milk instead of cream or cow milk due to allergies in the group.
 We learned all about mixing different colors to make new colors.

 Let the painting begin!  Kids were instructed to stay on the tarp, and were broken up into 3 groups with each group sharing a "paint tray".
 C got right into this activity!  How perfect!
 T was the first to explore painting his face, and then hair. 
 C wondered how to paint his back.  He gave this a try:
 And T copied...
 M thought it would be a great idea to paint her nose orange!  How cute!  All of the kids in our two day a week preschool are also in our community playgroup: Little Adventures Group.  We were glad I and M and their little Brother were able to join us for this play date.


 I painted her foot blue.
 After we were done everyone got to take a "bath" in our swimming pool by the kitchen sink.  Using soy milk, cornstarch and water it was actually easy to clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment