Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanksgiving Math Pack


I'm excited that in less than 24 hours there are a dozen followers of Little Adventures Preschool on Facebook.  I guess it's time to roll out what I've been working on, the Thanksgiving Math Pack!  I've yet to use it with my kids (I'm out of ink) but I'll post pictures as soon as I do.  This pack contains activities that would be great for the young preschooler (EMan, 1 year would enjoy it) and the older preschoolers and kindergartners that are in need of some fun math exploration. 
You'll explore:
  • simple 5 piece puzzles
  • Gross Motor math skills
  • Short Path Game
  • Compare (like "war" the card game)
  • Geometric Solids
  • Grid Game
You'll need:
  • a die - I made one from a block and drew 1-3 dots (twice) on the sides since that's our level of math understanding in our home
  • printer and scissors
  • glue or magnets or Velcro (for the geometric solids)
  • tape or magnets for the gross motor game
  • counters - the more interesting to your kid the more involved they'll be!
Enjoy playing with the Thanksgiving Math Pack, and as always - please let me know if there are any typos.  To download: just click on the image of the pack above.  Please leave a comment here if you download, I'd love to know who's using it! And, if you blog about the pack let me know!  I'll add a link to your blog under the printables section of mine!

17 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm hosting a new link-up for those of us who offer free printables. :) I'd love to see you link up next Monday.

    :) Ami

    http://walkingbytheway.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I printed 3 copies, then the twins and Gavyn can each have a set!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your geometric solids are interesting. That's something not found in other tot packs. I can't wait to see how those go over here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pinned your preschool pack since I probably already have way too many things planned this year for Thanksgiving. I may still print out a couple to have as back ups for centers times, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Thankful for the cute new preschool pack I just printed! You're amazing...thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Downloading for my grandson! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, thank you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the games! I am excited to try them with my son this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, I will be doing this this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Printed this out.. for a little fun this week! Thanks so much for sharing! Is there anyway you can add an RSS feed to your blog so I can follow you in my RSS reader?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Using this with my preschool kids tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your website and am amazed by your generosity. Thank you so much for sharing these great ideas. I just downloaded this math pack and hope to use it with my 3+ and 1+ year olds during our preschool mornings this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you all are enjoying the Thanksgiving math pack! I'm thrilled that so many people have let me know they are using it. Smile Always!
    -Miss Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! Im a pre k teacher and we're doing our Thanksgiving unit this week and next week! I downloaded the math pack and will be using it starting today hopefully! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The link doesn't work anymore, and I was hoping to use it this year! Would it be possible for you to post a new link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pack has been updated and it is now found at http://www.teachersnotebook.com/product/LittleAdventuresPreschool/thanksgiving-preschool-pack
      Enjoy!

      Delete
  16. I saw your picture that went with your math packet. It made me think of an excellent math activity. You could take aluminum pie pans, cover them with a little circle shaped cloth. Inside you can have a number and have them place that many pumpkins, apples, etc. whatever your pie preference in the pan and recover to be checked later. You could also do this for colors, having them find a color name in the pie, then placing things of matching colors in the appropriate pie.

    ReplyDelete