Sunday, November 13, 2011

Spoiler Alert!

If you are a grandparent to one of my boys, and you don't wish to know what you're getting for Christmas from them, PLEASE don't read any further!

If you don't care if you know early, or it doesn't apply to you, enjoy!

Thursday was craft day in our house.  Little Learners didn't have anyone signed up to come, so we stayed in our paint clothes all day and got to work.  I don't know if any of you are brave enough to let your kids paint with semi-gloss, wall paint, paint and primer in one but I decided I was this day.
 We're making all sorts of picture blocks for Christmas, so we got busy painting.

 And EMan got busy eating crayons, yum!
 After the boys were done painting they needed a little snack.  As you can tell C also painted his legs, indirectly of course.
 It's days when I just give them the Costco sized animal cracker bucket that make me thankful for our kid sized vacuums.
 The boys had the job to paint the blocks.  When they were dry I used some Mod Podge and put pictures on them.
 The boys are getting this set of nine blocks that will have six different puzzles on them.  I don't have the room in my house to do this type of project without the boys seeing, so they've seen it and will hopefully forget it so it's kind of a surprise on Christmas morning.
 Grandparents will be getting these cute blocks with pictures of the boys on the sides.
And yes, I still have paint on my chairs to clean up.... oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Love these!! Where did you get the blocks to paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We took long boards from Lowe's and had them cut into squares. I didn't do the cutting so I'm not sure how hard that was.

      Delete