Monday, November 14, 2011

My, I, Indians and Pilgrims

Today we started learning the sight words "my" and "I".  After doing some whole group reading we worked on the Color By Number Sight Words from the Moffatt Girls. 

 We also did some pre-writing practice.  We did some Thanksgiving themed pages as well as the letter I pages from Raising Rock Stars from 1+1+1=1. The Thanksgiving pages came from these three places:
http://www.1plus1plus1equals1.com/ {here}
http://homeschoolcreations.com/{here}
http://mamasmonkeys.blogspot.com/ {here}




 Next we did a Do-A-Dot Sight Words page with the sight words we've been working on : the, I, my, a
To download a copy of this printable click {here}.

 We also did a cut and paste sort from Carissa's Thanksgiving Pack.
 I thought it was interesting that R put the puzzle together sideways.  It's a puzzle from my Thanksgiving Math Pack.
 A and R were the first ones to dive into putting together the geometric solids.  I cut them out, laminated them, and then put Velcro on all the "glue" sides.  (I tried magnets, but FYI magnets don't work for this).  The Velcro enabled them to take them apart to lay them flat and re-build them. Find the Geometric Solids in my Thanksgiving Math Pack.

 Singing Time today was a hit with these awesome Indian headbands we made!  It also turned out to be a great skill building experience as they had to find their headband with their name written on it.

I introduced the "Hop Along the Path" game today for the first time.  We started by simply making it a game to hop on each of the footprints all the way to the refrigerator where they could put the magnetic turkey feathers on the Turkey, take a new feather, and then start again.  Some kids started counting their hops.  We're still working on one-to-one correspondence, and correct number order.  These videos are so cute!


Just a little video about the geometric solids.
Also, did you notice that our blog was featured on Our Little Monkeys?  Thank you Dawn for all your kind words!  Considering that this blog hasn't been around for all that long I am so thrilled that so many people are finding us and enjoying what they see!  Comments and feedback make it all worth it, and connecting to another blogger is a wonderful new type of friendship.  Thanks again Dawn!

3 comments:

  1. What a great day of fun! Looks like the hopping game was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun stuff!! Thanks for the link back to our blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so very welcome!

    I appreciate your links to mine, too! :)

    ReplyDelete