Thursday, November 17, 2011

MIA

I've been off my computer for a few days now, and this is why:
 Our study seriously looks like it exploded every day, no matter if I cleaned and organized it the day before.  I think that part of homeschooling and teaching preschool means we have stuff. Lots and lots of stuff.  A friend told me I needed to find a solution that actually works because our way of organizing wasn't working.  I often found I needed what what in that very bottom box in that far corner, and then YIKES!  So, we went to Ikea and got to work.  We found these awesome wire hooks that we put up in the preschool to hang all our art work and papers:
 I got two new filing cabinet and made my desk 2 tiered so I could put the printer on top of everything.  This is what the room looks like currently, there is still work to be done, but much improved.  We moved my desk to this wall and to the left (where my desk used to be) we put two dressers.
 The dressers now hold all the stuff that we get into a lot, like craft supplies and such.  And there is even room to stack a few boxes on top.  Now I can reach everything without piling and re-piling everything! 
How do you organize your stuff so it doesn't overwhelm you?

2 comments:

  1. ohh man the stuff can just take over in no time! Looks like you made some major progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda. I'm still trying to figure it out. I don't have a lot of storage space so I have to be very creative. Looks like you have done a good job of condensing it.
    I'm your newest follower. I found you on Living Life Intentionally. I'd love it if you would follow me back. Thank you.

    Karina @http://www.momintheusa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete