Friday, January 27, 2012

Monday's Manners

On Monday, Little Adventures Preschool learned about Manners.  I introduced N the Newt from The Amazing Action Alphabet, and he is naughty (imagine me shaking my finger at you saying "n, n, n").  So we started the day learning part of the "Magic Words" song from Signing Time.  You can look up their products {here} or find small clips on YouTube {here}
Here is our attempt to use our "Magic Words" signs.
 Next we moved into reading, which everyone is doing so great at!  Here are a couple of pictures of independent readers.

 Snack time was spaghetti so we could practice our table manners.
For art today we introduced a new concept.  Photography.  I got out the kids camera for the first time and let them play with it.  I hope that my preschool B class next year will begin documenting our day in preschool via pictures all on their own.  Here is a movie of all the photos that the kids took.  Keep in mind, it was a first photo shoot experience!
 We're still working on the last two sections of Module 1 in our math time.  We seem to be stuck on the concepts: more, less, equal, and haven't yet tried ordinal numbers, but I foresee our Monkey Printable being used next week.
It seems we are starting to understand the concept that music has high and low notes.  We continued playing with this concept to the tune of "Twinkle, twinkle, little star".
 And then had free play with the hand bells.  What fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo shoot they did! Looks like they had a lot of fun with the camera!

    ReplyDelete