Friday, January 27, 2012

Manners (day 2)

On Wednesday we continued our conversation about manners.  We started the day with some tracing practice.  We were using printables from two places.  2 Teaching Mommies Building up to a Letter printables, and the Raising Rock Starts letter printables from 1+1+1=1
 Today we had some free explore with scissors.  It was actually a great use of the random pieces of construction paper that I've had for about 3 years now :)  Notice they are all using purple and pink, it's because all the "boy" colors have been used up!

 I was super excited that we learned "N" this week because it ment we could introduce the first Bob Book!  The kids had fun in their new chairs learning how to read their new book.
 We drew shapes around names and colored letters we knew.


One of the reading strategies I've been using is tapping out words.  It helps us sound out 2-4 letter words and gives our fingers a little workout, too.


 I think we ate at least a dozen oranges for snack before I had to cut the kids off :)
 N the naughty newt painted the walls with nail polish, so of course we needed to paint a picture with nail polish!  (It's days like this that I realize, "Oh, that's why I can't have a nice dining room table :)


 2 equals 2!
 Continuing our music study of high and low notes with our music tubes.



1 comment: