Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Mud and Worms - Preschool B

Seriously!  How many times can I crash my photo collage software?  Oiy!  There are so many cute pictures I want to share with you.  I'm sorry it has taken me so long, I had to walk away.

Anyway, mud and worms was so much fun with the 4 year old class.  There was no hesitation to jump in and get muddy or immediately start a mud kitchen.  I had to prompt the 3 year old class to make mud pies, but these guys just got started.  
There is hardly any explanation necessary from this point on...


 This was really cool - we found a piece of dirt that had some well preserved worm holes that we were able to investigate.  Since the morning class had already picked out most of the worms from the swimming pool we soaked some out of the ground by the chicken coop and were able to watch the water circling around and down a few worm holes like drains.

This kind of hands on learning is my favorite.  It makes much more sense when you can get in and get dirty with a concept.  Yay for fun and messy learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment