Monday, December 12, 2011

Play Ball!

Today in preschool our theme was "Play Ball!"  We learned the letter P and the sight word 'ball'.  I put together a few printables for today's class and figured I'd share them with you.  Just click on the image below to download it.
It is just a few items that I knew I'd have time to use today in class. 
In this Mini Pack:
You'll explore:
·         Numeral to dot representation matching – assemble as you like
·         Touch Math Activity Sheet Printable for #2
·         Word and Letter Wheels

You'll need:
·         Scissors
·         File folder and Velcro for file folder game
·         Glue
·         Touch Math Printable (found here for $10) or make your own version
·         Brads to connect word and letter wheels
I didn't have my camera battery charged today so I don't have any pictures.  My flip video was handy though, so here is a little snippit of today's class:
We had a lot of fun today.  The kids got their word or letter wheels (baseball shaped) to practice their reading.  We made a P with glue and popcorn and a lizard with thumbprints.  We played "Hop Along the Path" from my Winter Pack, we practiced our program songs for our mid year program (next Thursday!) and we worked on the numeral 2 with our TouchMath texture cards and foam pieces.  Now that preschool is over and my camera battery is charged I got a few "after" pictures of our work.



This P page and the L the lizard are both from the Amazing Action Alphabet.
We also had a lot of fun playing with all sorts of balls and making them pop out of our hands like popcorn, etc.  Now I'm off to plan for Wednesday's Gingerbread theme!

2 comments: