Tuesday, January 19, 2016

It's the Little Things

Often times it's the little things in preschool that absolutely brighten my day and put a spring in my step.  We started exploring our inquiry block "How the World Works" by playing with magnets today.  It was rather free form while I touched base with each kid one-on-one with their reading.  The smile/smirk from one of my boys as he gave me a thumbs up after finishing his time with me was so adorable!  I just want to freeze that memory.  These kids are so excited to learn and are proud of their hard work and accomplishments.  We also continued our practice in counting to 100 by tens and by ones today.  We seem to be getting more confident about the numbers - yay!  We had a blast during our writing time and I am so happy that one of my kiddos made a major break through.  We spent a lot of time building confidence and demonstrating correct ways to form letters in writing last week.  This week we began a unit about how to stretch words to find all the letters to write down.  My one little one who avoided writing words up until last week wrote a full sentence practically independently.  I am so excited!  

No comments:

Post a Comment