Sunday, February 5, 2012

Signing Time and Spanish Classes

My friend and I have been working for just over a month on the Spanish/ASL classes that we're offering to our playgroup.  We're spicing things up this week and just had to share:
We got the idea of doing a felt board from another Signing Time instructor and we went ahead and created our own.  We'll be using these pieces specifically this week in our Spanish/ASL class as we bake a cake with all the kids.  The frog and the panda are the two mascots of our class (Katrina wears a frog hand puppet and I wear the panda hand puppet).  I used foam letters and pieces of foam to create the words and images for this weeks class. I'm still working on cook (I'm thinking a pan) and kitchen (not sure how to do this one).  I stuck velcro to the back of the pieces and intend to have all the pieces on the brown portion, then when we introduce something we'll let the kids stick it up next to Hopkins (the frog) or Little Pim (the panda).  I'm really excited about spicing our class up like this and hope it works out.  Pictures to come on Thursday or Friday of how it went :)

No comments:

Post a Comment