Thursday, May 26, 2016

Little Adventures Preschool Graduation 2016

We were so excited about graduation today.  Today is a very special day.  Today we celebrate YOUR children's life and times in preschool!
It's hard for many of you to believe that the time has come for your children...your babies, to be beginning kindergarten, isn't it?  Some of these wonderful children started coming for tot school 4 years ago when they were itty bitty.  I remember kids who would cry and cry, not wanting to be left behind, but quickly finding their way to the sandbox or another fun activity as moms gave their children space to be without them.
The beginning of the school year, whether four years ago or only ten months ago, was a time of building trust with the children...and with you.  It was a time of building relationships together and creating a team with one shared goal: Providing your children with what they needed to develop and grow as preschoolers.  
That trust was built, relationships and a team created.  Language was developed to describe ourselves as learners, readers, bucket fillers, muscle builders, writers, artists, friends and hard workers.  We intentionally tackled challenging concepts and learned how to be successful as a member of a group, a friend and a learner.  We moved through the year - as a team - growing and learning and building a foundation your children will take with them to Kindergarten.
And now, it is very hard for ME to believe your children are leaving me!  You have entrusted the most important thing in your lives to me - your child.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate that trust!  Thank you for sharing your children with me.  Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your family during this time.
I will miss your children more than you know.  But, I will smile through the goodbye tears because I am so grateful to have been a part of their lives and your family during this time.
It's time to say good-bye.
Our class has come to an end.
I've made more cherished memories
And many more friends.

I've watched your children learn and grow
And change from day to day.
I hope that all the things we've done 
Have helped in some small way.

So it's with happy memories
I send them out the door,
With great hope and expectations
For what next year holds in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment