Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Mother's Day - A Tot School Project

We had absolute fun this week in tot school talking all about mothers for Mother's Day.  I have to start of with this awesome project we did.  If you don't have a Mother's Day idea yet you can simply do this!  We did a practice run in our notebooks before completing our final art on canvas. I used my Silhouette cutting machine to do the vinyl lettering on the canvas boards that says "Thumbody Loves You!"  It turned out really cute.  Then I used a permanent marker to draw some stems and leaves and let the kids loose with the large ink pads.  I think their little flower gardens turned out great!  (I'm sorry if I've just spoiled the surprise for mothers of my students!) 
We had a lot of fun playing with the baby dolls, dress ups, doctor kit and tool kits doing all the things moms do.  We ended our day outside enjoying the fresh spring air.  We had a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment