Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Tot School - Bubbles, Balloons, Blocks!

Usually our Bubbles day is held outside, but with the chilly weather and snow we ended up inside and expanding it to Bubbles, Balloons, and Blocks.  I also put together our October sensory bin of orange colored dry rice, plastic butter knives, Halloween erasers, and pumpkin buckets.
 I had another sensory bin set up in my kitchen.  I ran some hot soapy water and scooped off the top layer of bubbles for the kids to play with in the sensory bin.  It made for a nice scrubbing of the sensory bin - now it can say inside all winter.
We did turn on the bubble machine a few times in the basement.  It was convenient that I planned to shampoo the carpets later this week - the timing is wonderful :).  I don't have any great pictures of the balloons.  We had 50 balloons over by the sofa that were used to kick and catch and throw all around.  I wrote the letter B on them and we sang our song "This is the sound that B can make /b//b//b/, /b//b//b/, This is the sound that B can make in words like Bubble and Balloon" (Mulberry bush tune). 

No comments:

Post a Comment