Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun

Today was a fantastic day in preschool.  I'm feeling great because I'm caught up with our blogging and we had so much learning going on today it was awesome!  We started out by making some hand print suns.  We learned about the sun today because our letter of the week is U.  The hand prints were a challenge to see how great we've become at our cutting skills.  I helped them trace their first set of hand prints, then they traced their second set.  They cut out both sets (for the most part) by themselves.



 I created a sun letter wheel to practice all of the letters we've learned this year.  I did make a mistake and included R and took out A (because I thought I was out of space), but the kids loved practicing their letter names and sounds this way.  You can download a copy {here}.  Just cut out both circles and the square on the sun and attach with a brad in the middle circle.  Then spin and practice the letter that appears. If you do download it let me know about it by leaving a comment!


 At art time we continued our sun art project by making a face for our sun.

 We also had sun lacing cards.
 Our math activity was a hit today.  It certainly was a lot of fun learning the words under/over and above/below.  I made it very clear that this is not something we get to do without permission, but I apologize if your child starts to climb under/over or above/below your furniture.






 During music time today we put on a puppet show with U the Pup from the Amazing Action Alphabet.  It was interesting listening to the different dialogs the kids were having with their pups :)
I was disappointed that my camera ran out of batteries at this point in our day.  We finished music with an introduction to the rhythm sticks and singing the song Mr. Sun.  I was impressed at their awesome behavior with the sticks today.  I wasn't sure how well they would go over, but everyone was listening and acting appropriately with them.  I think we'll pull them out each day for the next little bit while we learn about the beat in music.

No comments:

Post a Comment